Cities are the future
Cities are unique an diverse. With the ongoing process of globalisation, there is a global framework that is being established of what the city of tomorrow will look like.
- By 2050, more than 66% of humanity will live in a city, compared to just over 50% today. In 35 years, the global population increased by 20% while urbanisation rate was 50%
- Cities are crucibles of ingenuity and productivity, as they generate 60% of global growth (McKinsey, 2017).
- Cities are interdependent, co-operative and open.
Goals & Vision
Research shows that the quality of life in a city is becoming a major factor in labour migration decision-making.
Cities goals are:
- Expand national and international stature
- Galvanise economic and urban development
- Attract qualified labour and investments
- Provide a safe and pleasant environment
Opportunities & Challenges
174 governments signed and began ratifying the Paris agreements, agreeing to meet ambitious sustainable development targets.
The responsibility of those agreements has to also be met by cities, towns and villages: reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 30% from 2005 levels by 2030.
- Investing in new technologies
- Fostering entrepreneurship
- Committing to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): creating green jobs, improving quality of life.
Where we come in
- 1. Governments took engagements and commitments on their GHG emissions and global environmental policies.
- 2. They make the burden rest on cities and region.
- 3. Cities do not know where to start and what to do.
- 4. YouBe comes in to help them target the optimum projects depending on their strengths and weaknesses.
How we work with you